martes, 4 de noviembre de 2008

Let´s celebrate


Versión original en español

So, what am I celebrating? Well, about a year ago (not sure of the exact date) I quit smoking. Ever since I don't crave cigarrets. Now I am only a passive smoker.

I quit smoking after 6 years of active consumption. It was no coincidence I quit smoking on those days. After my ankle injury I put on a lot of weight. Both my weight and my smoking started to feel on my body. After smoking for 6 years I have been left with a throat sensible for infections and a weight in my concience to look after myselfe for the aftermath.

A year later, I feel much better. I am not light headed, my depressive episodes take more time in between and long less. I have a better breathing I don't get tired as often and my anxiety went down considerably. My skin looks better and my scars take less time to heal.

Smoking is the same as cracking y fingers, apparently I will have arthritis some day, so one bad is enogh for me. Some of my friends say that something is going to kill us, better be something that we enjoy. I disagree. There are a lot of agents that can claim our lifes I want one of those agents out of the list.

I feel so good that I don't want to smoke ever again. After all, best drug I can have right now is love.

Blessings to all,

Image found on site: Smoker's Helpline. If you want help to quit smoking contact your physician or local help groups to join a smoking free programme.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario